Friday, October 28, 2016

SDR • Day 2

Today is a new day.  We made it through the night seizure-free, so I'm feeling pretty good. Having roommates definitely makes for a more challenging night, but Fin seems to get a couple hours of sleep at a time, so I'm grateful for that. Rest is good, especially after yesterday. 

Josh arrived with my Venti iced Skinny Vanilla Latte and relieved me.  It was harder to leave, but I honestly really needed a shower. One of my newer friends, Meghan, offered to meet for coffee and I took her up on it.  She coincidentally lives really close to the hospital so that was nice.  Just needing to get a small sense of normal even if it's just for a short visit. 

Josh said that he and Finley played all day.  They tossed a light-up ball around for almost two hours, played dolls, and he pretended to hurt himself on everything and she just thought that was hysterical.  All in all he kept her occupied for majority of the day and she was in great spirits. 

I brought up lunch right after her nap.  They changed all of her bandages and bedding which Josh chalked up to a "really fun" experience.  He's really made me a proud wife, I feel so lucky to have him be my partner. I know, I'm all the Emo feels today. Lol. 

My mom and her long time friend 'Auntie Pam' came into town a bit ago, so I walked to the hotel to catch them up on the night. Luckily, I only had good news to report. 

I will say, if you or your child are preparing to undergo this surgery, this is a really hard thing to experience.  Today, though... Not sooooo hard. 

We finally caught wind, our little friend Chatlotte is now on our floor and recovering well.  She has had a rough couple days as well and we are just happy to hear that they are out of the ICU.  

My mom and Pam brought us Dinner. 

We ate and breathed a sigh of relief. 

Josh kissed Fin and I goodnight. Finley was getting pretty sleepy so I decided to turn off the lights. Our roommates left. We are alone. 

Peace and quiet. 

Just as I'm closing my eyes, to get some rest, our evening nurse comes in.  Lets just say she is not on the extremely quiet side. Fin was so frestrated and startled by the noises she yelled out, "I'm gonna be sick!" Then she projectile vomited!! We ordered her anti-nausea meds, cleaned her up, and then she finally just dozed off. I strongly suggested that Finley not be awakened until the 4am vitals. Mama bear came out, my poor baby has just had enough. Hopefully that nurse doesn't think I'm a biatch. But, just at my breaking point. So, obviously I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.