I'm sure you've seen the newest eyebrow craze on Instagram- MICROBLADING. The thought of being able to wake up with perfect brows is a dream to many of us. Even for girls like myself, I have hair and a shape- my brows are just really translucent due to my fine hair. In other words - I never go out without them filled in.
I looked into the cost and discovered it was nearing one thousand dollars! Waaaaaaay more than I expected! Holy smokes! There's no way I can justify spending that much. Especially because when it comes to putting pigment inside your skin on your face, there's no guarantee your body is going to maintain it.
A girlfriend of mine posted that she got "hair-stroke tattoo" and that her eyebrow girl was running a Christmas gift-away. I looked into it and the hair-stroking method was just the look I was going for!
Well, it was the best Christmas gift I ever received! While I'm in no obligation to write this post, I feel the need to share!!
So many people think negatively about eyebrow tattoos, my grandmas were black then faded to a blue. So naturally I was nervous.
I showed up to my appointment a bit nervous. I never imagined I'd be tattooing my face! Tonia was super sweet and as I sat with numbing cream on she explained how the process works. We picked a plan based on my current brow shape, how I draw it on when I do my makeup, and what is the best way to execute. I like mine to look a little heavier (in-between MAC Makeup Artist + Clinique Makeup Artist does that help you visualize? Lol.) This will be our route for the two appointments. "Why two appointments?" you ask, let me share:
* First appointment: She will do a medium shade throughout the brow in "strokes". This is to fade and appear to be a "shadow" in the brow. We also need to establish if my body accepts or rejects the pigment.
* 2nd appointment: I had a good amount of fading, so we opted to go heavier and darker for the "outline" and the remainder of the "strokes"
Touch ups may be needed every few years.
I would suggest going darker the first time, because the fading will happen. Don't be scared! Lol.
I'm so excited to say that Tonia is offering a special rate of $400 for people I refer! (That's $400 total for two appointments.)
Her email is Tonialonigro@yahoo.com and she is located:
Phenix Salon Suites
1835 Newport Blvd #210
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Things to expect at the appointment:
* A little bit of paperwork at each appointment, just some signatures and initials. Same as you would at a tattoo parlor or for laser hair removal.
* I would dress comfortably and have your makeup on. You'll want her to see what your everyday look looks like. You will be laying on your back for about an hour, I don't know I just always think yoga clothes are the best option for everything- lol.
* You won't feel a thing! You get numbed and honestly you will only feel pressure from her hands. I promise getting your brows threaded hurts 10x more.
* Buy Aquaphor. This is how you will care for and maintain your new brows.
* Tip. Like any service you are receiving- Tip! :)
I'm so excited to have discovered Tonia + look forward to going back for my eyeliner!